Facebook (Meta) Ad Library and TikTok Creative Center are powerful services where you can track competitors’ creatives and look for high-performing references for your own ad campaigns. Using these sources, you can save any ads you like. However, this can be disorganized, and links eventually expire. To simplify this process, there are many tools. One of them is Spyder. Spyder allows you to collect ad creatives, store them in one place, add tags, sort ads into folders, and leave comments. So how to get started with Spyder? Read our guide and save creatives from Facebook and TikTok today.
Let's start with TikTok. It is important to highlight that there are 2 ways of saving ads: using links and Spyder’s Chrome extension. We will review both options.
TikTok Creative Center is a good way to find the best ad practices and UGC carefully selected by TikTok’s editorial team. When working with the service, select the country you are interested in first. Then you should set the following filters:
• industry (apps, education, business, games, etc)
• objective (app installs, conversions, reach, etc.)
• likes (top 1~20%, top 21~40%, etc.)
• duration (<10s, 10-20s, 20-30s, etc.)
• date range (last 7 days or last 30 days)
So, you have chosen the country and set the filters. Now is the time to find a cool ad to save to your creative collection!
1. When you find a creative you like, move to the ‘About this ad’ page by clicking the ‘View Top Ad’ button.
2. Click ‘Copy Link’ on the ‘About this ad’ page.
3. It's almost done! Now open app.getspyder.com and click the ‘Add New’ button. You will see a pop-up. Paste your link there and click ‘Save ad’.
4. Wait 20-30 seconds, and voila! Your video is in the dashboard.
5. By clicking your video in the dashboard, you will be redirected to a page where you can see the metadata of the ad, select libraries and tags, leave comments, and download this creative.
Want to collect creatives even faster? Use Spyder’s Chrome extension created to simplify the process of collecting ads.
It's not uncommon for users to spend their free time watching TikTok and find an interesting ad creative by chance. Sounds familiar, doesn't it? To avoid losing a cool reference, you can save it using Spyder.
1. Click the ‘Share’ button. Then click ‘Copy link’ in the opened window.
2. Go to app.getspyder.com, paste your link there and click ‘Save ad’.
3. Done! Now your ad creative will not be lost, and you can access it at any time.
Also you can use the Chrome extension that allows you to save videos with just one click.
Facebook (Meta) Ad Library is a great tool for tracking competitors' currently running campaigns, watching ads, and finding references for your own creatives. To get the full potential of the service, we prepared a step-by-step guide on how to find and add the video to Spyder's dashboard.
1. First of all, choose a country and category. Let’s start by selecting ‘All’ in the ‘Country’ filter, as this will show a more significant number of impressions.
2. Type the name of the company in the search bar and choose the link.
3. Explore this company’s ad creatives and choose the one you want to save. Click three dots in the upper right corner of the ad and then copy the link.
4. Go to app.getspyder.com, paste your link and click ‘Save ad’.
5. Congratulations! You saved your first creative, which you can watch and share at any time.
You can also save videos using Spyder’s Chrome extension. Check out how to use it 👇🏻
The way to save videos by copying and pasting links is quite simple, but Spyder’s Chrome extension makes it even easier and faster.
The extension has 2 huge advantages:
• You can save videos directly from TikTok and Facebook pages. There is no need to copy the link and paste it into the dashboard, as the ‘Save’ button appears in the interface itself.
• Adding a video to the dashboard takes no more than a second.
To start collecting videos with Spyder’s extension, you need to follow 2 simple steps.
1. Choose and open a creative you want to save.
2. Click ‘Save to spyder’ and that’s it!
Facebook and TikTok provide great opportunities for business promotion, tracking competitors, and finding inspiration for future advertising campaigns. When collecting references, it is beneficial to have a tool that allows you to save and store all creatives in one place. Spyder copes with this task, helping you to collect ad creatives, organize them, add tags, create boards, share with others, and much more. Save creatives with Spyder, and don't worry about expired links ;)
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.